Jolene Gets Deported!

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Well, my time living in the UK has officially run out.  My 6 month short term visit visa has expired and I annoyed enough UK customs agents during my time here that they had to finally stamp my passport stating that I must leave the country on April 4, 2012, which I begrudgingly obliged.

Jolene's passport with her "Get out of my country" stamp
We are still working on trying to get me a domestic partnership visa, but that is proving to be pretty difficult considering Mike and I can barely prove that we exist, let alone know each other.  I am also still applying for my UK nursing license, but that has also proven to be a tedious process that takes about 6 months to complete, which I am still about 3 months away from completing.  At this point, we have submitted all the paperwork we possibly could for both visa options, now we just have to sit and wait for a decision....

So now we will remain 3,725 miles and 5 time zones apart until we get news on my visa status which will most likely be at least 6 weeks.  I will be back in the US catching up with friends and family, while Mike is a bachelor in London.  We are both hoping for a quick decision so we can be back together on the same continent again soon.

2 comments:

Michael Egger said...

Every time we tried to get back in I wanted to believe it was a misunderstanding, but they genuinely didn't want her on their island. Even more surprising is the fact that they were fine just leaving her in the other country she's coming from by herself.

maharishii said...



As we are the Top Visa services consultants for United States of America, We know exactly what documents you need to carry for your Visa interview as per your case. usa b1 b2 visa consultantsMost of the Applicants Not required to carry most of the Documents Depends on Applicant to Applicant we will suggest the Documents to you to carry for your interview.

Post a Comment