Accidental Rock Collection (Part 3)

Sunday, August 23, 2015

As usual, a few extra rocks have snuck into the collection.  There are definitely a couple honorable mentions in this group as their story differs from what has become the norm. 

The first is from the Black Hills of South Dakota.  I don't usually keep rocks that I didn't get myself but in this case it was sent to me from my parents from their travels accompanied with an endearing note tied to the history of Native Americans and that area.

The second is a rock that is NOT part of the collection.  As requested by the Anangu people of the Northern Territory of Australia I did not climb Uluru nor did I keep a rock.  Respect.

1. Auckland, New Zealand (wharf)
2. Cairns, Queensland, Australia (Barrine Crater Lake)
3. Sydney, New South Wales, Australia (Blue Mountains)
4. Melbourne, Victoria, Australia (near St. Patrick's)
5. Seattle, WA, USA (Eagle's Peak near Mt. Rainier)
6. Black Hills, SD, USA (fragment of rock created when working on the Mount Rushmore / Crazy Horse Memorial)



0 comments:

Post a Comment