Surprise Birthday + Easter + Christmas Promise Visit (Southport, North Carolina)

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Surprised?
We finally found a way to get my entire family together in Southport at the same time.  Even trying to explain how it all came together wouldn't do it justice so I won't try.  It did however allow us to fulfill a promise over Christmas to visit, celebrate a belated 65th birthday for my dad (a surprise by the way!), and the oh so allusive family Easter which hasn't happened since 2001.

The highlights of the weekend included (in no particular order):


1. Dave and Mere getting engaged on the beach!
Fire Pit Celebration
2. Family pyramid to surprise my dad for his birthday (Jolene steadying the pyramid by using the ceiling).
3. Security guard calling Dave an Ascot as we negotiated our way into the development.
4. The infamous "Bal-sucky Shrimp Phone Call" by my mom to get my dad to come home (you had to be there to understand this story but it would have made you laugh so hard it hurts).



Family Surprise Pyramid

Easter Tablecloth and Excited Family





1 comments:

Chris said...

Absolutely the best surprise I ever had. A very, very, very, good weekend.

Post a Comment